Working with Compassion Volunteers, you can exercise your unique gifts in an environment enriched by the vision, mission, philosophy and values of the Sisters of Compassion.
We work with diverse groups and aim to provide settings where people can work and be together to meet the needs of all people in the community.
Volunteering at Our Lady’s Home of Compassion
Volunteers at Our Lady’s Home of Compassion share the story of Suzanne Aubert and the Sisters of Compassion, and the charism of Compassion. In 2017 Our Lady’s Home of Compassion will welcome increasing numbers of visitors and pilgrims.
Contact us now to register your interest in volunteering at Our Lady’s Home of Compassion. We will invite you to a Compassion Volunteers information session so you can find out more.
Roles at Our Lady’s Home of Compassion will include:
- providing a presence in the Chapel
- greeting and providing direction for visitors
- guiding tours of the Heritage Centre exhibition, Chapel and grounds
- shop assistant
- supporting school and group visits
- assembling resources for events, school visits etc
- support for events eg welcoming, providing hospitality
- support for the Gathering, a monthly afternoon tea and entertainment for seniors; including driving roles