Explore the story of Suzanne Aubert and the Sisters of Compassion. Go on a pilgrimage. Hold your student or staff retreat day. Learn about the ongoing need for compassion in today’s world.
Our Lady’s Home of Compassion
Visit the Suzanne Aubert Heritage Centre. Choose from a range of activities which prompt students to engage deeply with the inspirational story of Suzanne Aubert.
The Chapel is available for your liturgy, prayer or Mass. Visit the grotto and light a candle or simply spend time in the gardens.
Our Soup Kitchen educator can speak to your group about the mahi (work) of the Soup Kitchen.
Planning your Visit
- School visits usually take place between 9am and 4pm on weekdays during term times.
- There is no charge to visit the Heritage Centre and Chapel, or for a Compassion-hosted retreat. A koha toward the mahi of the Sisters is appreciated.
- Please ask for school pricing for venue hire when holding your own retreat.
- Accommodation is available for school camps and overnight stays and catering options are also available.
- Our Lady’s Home of Compassion is a 10 minute drive from the CBD and the airport. The no. 1 Island Bay bus is a 5 minute walk away.
- We have ample car parking onsite.
- Our facilities are accessible for visitors with mobility needs. Please contacts us for specific requirements.
- Our Lady’s Home of Compassion RAMs for schools (pdf)
“Inspiring us to dare to make a difference” St Patrick’s College, Kilbirnie
“Ka mau te wehi ngā whaea tapu mā!” St Joseph’s School, Wairoa
The Compassion Soup Kitchen
Visit the dining room where over 25,000 meals are served each year. Learn about the big stuff – issues of homelessness, food security, mental illness and addiction – in a way which encourages positive action. Learn about the challenges our guests face, hear about the services we provide, meet the Sisters and staff, and find out how you can support our mahi.
Planning your Visit
- Book your visit between 9am and 4pm.
- There is no charge to visit the Soup Kitchen. A koha toward the mahi of the Soup Kitchen is appreciated.
Go farther afield and visit signficant sites such as the historic reservoir, the historic crèche at Pukeahu, or hikoi to Hiruharama-Jerusalem.