Public Spaces are closing until further notice.
Public spaces – The Heritage Centre exhibitions, Chapel, Resting Place and Cloister Cafe.
The Retreat House is closed until 1 May.
The Spirituality Programme
The following events are cancelled:
– Encounter with Mercy (1 April)
– The Way of the Cross (10 April)
– Poetry and Prayer with Anne Powell (16 May)
The following services and events are postponed until further notice:
– Christian Meditation, Mondays 7pm, Thursdays 8.30am
– Quiet Days, 2nd Thursday of the month, 10am-2pm
– Taize services, 1 st Friday of the month, 7pm
– The Sunday Miha, 11am
– One-day Retreat – “All Creeds & None” (6 June)
– Two-day Retreat – “Art, Action & Contemplation” (3-5 July)
We will continue to monitor the situation and look forward to welcoming people back to the Home in the future.
“Let us do all that we have to do with calm and peace”
~ Suzanne Aubert
Please check our website www.compassion.org.nz and Facebook page – www.facebook.com/sistersofcompassion regularly for updates.
Compassion Soup Kitchen
Staff and volunteers at the Compassion Soup Kitchen are continuing to provide meals for Wellington’s vulnerable while taking measures to minimise risk to people.
The Compassion Soup Kitchen has closed only once in 118 years, for a period in 1927, and was open during the 1918 Influenza epidemic, serviced by the Sisters of Compassion.